Pinterest has become a well known source for social media where customers can come and search out new products, or showcase their own works of art. Business should make use of this invaluable tool to attract clientele.
This post has some great tips on marketing including finding your niche market. Then points out ways to approach people about your book. Last of all, it gives you ways to offer your services to teachers.
Marketing comes in different forms. One new way to market yourself is by offering valuable content to the public, which helps your website rankings on Google. You can write articles and post them on article sites.
More and more people from all over the world is using the Internet to search for content in several different topics. A new author may search for ways to promote their book by using the Google search engine. Book readers may search the internet by using keywords such as: books, crime, mystery, romance books, etc…
As an author, you have knowledge to share with others. One way is by Blogging. This is something like writing on a website. There are two main blogging sites that are free to write on. http://Wordpress.com, http://Blogspot.com, and http://thoughts.com/free-blog
Start slowly by writing about things you know. You will be amazed at the topics you can come up with. Make sure you post something on a regular basis. You can post excerpts from your book, offer free tips to other authors, interview other authors about their books. Book readers love to read reviews on books before purchasing them. Your first post could be all about your book and include a picture, excerpt, and buy link.
Then make sure you share your blog on all of your social media sites. If you haven’t started posting on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Goodreads by now, you need to start right away.
So it is important to get your name out there by writing relevant and valuable content about topics such as:
•How to Write a Book
•All about Writing
Another important way to spread your articles or valuable content is by using Syndication sites. Here is a link that list many syndication sites to use. I know it takes time, but this will help you build a brand for yourself.
Below is a list of places that allow you to post articles for free. On the bottom of your article, don’t forget to mention your website or ways for people to reach you. I suggest choosing a couple and starting there.
Any new writer will have some anxiety when it comes to dealing with the public. The thing about promoting your books to different people is to be yourself. Whether you are talking to someone on a television interview or at a book signing, here are some basic things to know when talking to someone about your book.
1. Don’t give too much information. When you are trying to tell someone about your book, don’t tell them everything. You should never tell them how the story ends. The person will lose interest in your book if there is no mystery.
2. Don’t sell your book. Never try to sell the book itself. Tell people reasons that your book will help them.
3. Clarify what your book is about. If you have written a book for educational purposes, to be humorous or just plain fictional, make sure to let the reader know that in advance.
4. Don’t be too pushy. No one likes people shoving things in their faces. Simply show the book, suggest reasons they might like the book and stand back. Give the reader time to look the book over.
5. Ask them to tell their friends about your book. Word of mouth is always the best advertisement.
6. Thank the customer and hand them a business card. This should be done even if they do not purchase your book. They might not have the money to buy at the moment, but will buy at a later time.
7. Be approachable. Don’t act like you are better than everyone else. Be yourself and be friendly.
Other related links: http://tracykauffman.wordpress.com/2013/08/06/never-sell-a-product/
You have released your first book and wonder what you can do to promote it. Consider using different media sources to promote your new release. Whether it is TV, newspapers, Internet radio shows, newspapers, magazines, podcasts, video blogs, there are several venues to promote your work. To attract media outlets it might not be as simple as black and white. It might just take some extra effort on your part. Don’t forget there are several social media promotion sites to utilize. Don’t be afraid to ask for an interview.
1. First consider your niche market. What type of book did you write. What types of media might be interested in that niche. Whether it is a book about the economy or a Christian themed book, there are certain venues that might be willing to listen to what you have to offer.
2. Make your story unique. Find ways to get the media to listen to what you have to offer. TV programs or newspapers receive hundreds of press releases daily. Make yours stand out from the others. Give them something to report. They might be looking for a feature article. If you have written a medical type book, then that gives them something to talk about in their health section. Use your imagination and come up with something different that you can approach the reporters about.
3. Use online media to promote your book. This can be through articles, blogs or book reviews. Use Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, and other social media sites. Social media is growing drastically and it is becoming an invaluable way to market.
4. Be courteous but informative during your interview. Don’t tell them what they should do. No one likes to be bossed around. Be polite without trying to sell your book. Offer them reasons to host you on their program or on their media site.
5. Offer giveaways during media interviews. This will generate interest in your book but make sure you tell people where they can go to buy your book.
6. Advertise with local newspapers and magazines. Get the word out that you are a new author. Some media may contact you about an interview because you are a local author. Offer them reasons to have you on their show.
After the interview, make sure to thank your host for their time and for allowing you to be a part of their program. Don’t be afraid to ask them to review your book. Reviews are great ways for the readers to see what your book has to offer.
If you are a new author than this post is for you. Most established authors know exactly why editing their manuscript is necesssary. I will try to cover some of the major reasons on this blog post.
First of all, we need to understand what exactly does editing mean. Editing is the process of selecting and preparing writtten, visual, audible and film media used to convey information through the processes of correction, condensation, organization, and other modifications performed with an intention of producing a correct, consistent, accurate, and complete work (Wikipedia: free encyclopedia).
Secondly, editing is important because you want your readers to come back and buy your books. If your book is hard to understand, your readers will become annoyed and irritated. If errors are distracting than they may simply put the book down because they can not get into the story-line. Some people don’t think that misplaced commas matter but let me tell you that they do.
Next, editing your work will cut out the clutter. You will notice that some things in your manuscript should be left out, due to redundancy and unclear expressions. They will often bore or confuse the reader.
Last of all, editing is important especially to the publisher. If you are searching for an agent or a publisher, you need to present your work as clean as possible. Most agents will put your work down if they cannot get through all the typos, incomplete sentences, comma splices, subject-verb disagreements. The list goes on and on.
Here at Garrison Publishing- we offer editorial services at a low fee. Come check out our packages. We have some of the lowest print packages available with marketing services available too.
If you are eager, willing and have a strong desire to succeed, you will. First you must have passion that drives you that extra step toward your goal. Anyone can become successful and achieve what they want in life with desire and passion. Below are 5 Steps that will lead you into the right direction.
1. Determine your objective- Business is only one objective. Also, Family, children, happiness are some other objectives of which people pursue. Which one are you striving for?
2. Test your passion to succeed. If you are willing to throw in the towel at the first sign of trouble then your passion must not be where it needs to be. A strong passion will take you through the storms, difficulties in life, through the negativity and criticism of others telling you that you can’t. Get out of your comfort zone. Expect people to tell you no. Every single successful business has had someone telling them no. They didn’t give up with the first no and they are still moving forward.
3. Take steps toward your objective. Come up with different ways to help you achieve your goal. Do you want to own your own business? Think of something that you are good at. Yes money plays a role here. Find a way to start a business with the budget you have. If you want to start a big business, then think about your budget, if it doesn’t allow it, then you might want to start off slowly to help you achieve that bigger goal. Learn to handle your money wisely.
4. Give it your all. Don’t be afraid to achieve. Don’t be afraid of what others think of you. If your objective is to be happy. Focus on everything in life that makes you happy. If something drags you down and makes you depressed, then run from it. Don’t walk, but run. If your objective is to be successful in business, then do whatever it takes to meet your end goal. If someone tells you ‘No’, then move it and don’t worry about it. There will be lots of ‘No’s’ until you finally get a ‘Yes’
5. Be involved. Listen to advice from other successful entrepreneurs. Read articles, books about finance, business, and take notes. Attend business conferences and don’t forget to ask for advice.
There are a few things that will help you take the right step toward success. Whether you are a small business just getting started or a larger corporation, these basic steps will lead you to a successful business.
1. Research and Take rapid Action. What this means is that you should do some research about your product… Find out what sells, who the buyer is, what a good price for your product is and then take immediate action. Whatever you need to do to accomplish your end goal is what you need to do. Don’t wait for someone else to help you, don’t wait for the economy to get better, take swift action now.
2. Make a business plan. A business plan is a written decision-making document detailing information about your business, including goals, plans to reach those goals. Usually a budget is set up to help decipher how much money is spent for marketing, daily operating expenses, utilities, etc…
3. Personal branding is a must for the new entrepreneur. People need to know what your company or business is all about. Personal branding could be a logo design, trademark, a set of business guidelines, website or place where others come to learn about you.
4. Stay active. Seems pretty easy and self-explanatory but most often businesses give up before they become successful. They work hard for the first few months but give up due to lack of resources, time, energy and faith. We are Garrison Publishing are willing to help you stay focused.
5. Market and Advertise your business. Whatever product or service your business provides, you need to have a marketing plan in place. Look at your business plan and make sure that you are carrying out your business advertising goals. Analyze these marketing goals and make sure to follow them regularly.
6. Stay motivated. Nothing kills a business more than lack of determination. Don’t give up so easily. Every business will have stumbling blocks in the way. Your job is to find a way around those. Hang around positive people. Nothing hurts a business owner’s determination more than listening to negative people.
Other related links: http://ezinearticles.com/?5-Success-Secrets-In-68-Seconds&id=7490978