Hello new authors! There are things you need to do before your book goes to print. I have made a few suggestions to get you on your way to becoming a successful author.
– Have a professional photographer take a portrait of you to use for events.
– Print marketing handouts such as business cards / book marks. Vistaprint is usually reasonably priced.
– Get to know and introduce yourself to potential readers. Readers are everywhere. Internet makes it easy to access people from around the world such as on Twitter, FB, Pinterest, Scoopit
– Join several book communities such as: Goodreads, BookTalk
– Visit forums in your genre and start a new topic.
– Start and write regularly blog posts. Write at least twice a week. Set up a free blog at WordPress.com
– Create your own author website. Go to Wix.com. Purchase a domane name.
– Send your blog articles to newspapers / magazines such as E-Zines, Squidoo. Set up profiles with them.
– Write guest blogs for other bloggers to get your name out. Exchange interviews on your blogs.
– Write your “elevator pitch” or things you would say to a stranger about your book.
– Start a contact list with email addresses of potential readers
– Create an email signature & use it for every email you send out
– Invite several friends to like your fanpage on Facebook. Spread the word.
– Submit photos of your book cover image to Pinterest, Flickr…
– Write a blog post about the upcoming launch
– Spruce up your website and blog for your book launch
– Ask your friends to “Like & “Listmania” your book on Amazon
– Comment on other blogs and write lots of guest blogs
– Donate your book to local libraries and offer to speak
– Gather writing friends for cross-promotions and blog tours
– Add press clippings and articles, already published, to your website
– Get a new business card with an image of your book and sales link
– Place the books’ cover image & description everywhere you can find. Author websites allow this for free.
– Announce your book launch or book signing on Google+ for FREE
– -Start your own newspaper online for free. Go to paper.li or enter: http://paper.li/
Any business can market their product online by using some various strategies. Here are some basic tips to help any business market their brand online. Whether you are a large corporation or a small business, these 5 tips should help you gain some footing into the world of online marketing.
1. Know your target audience.
What type of customers are going to be interested in your product. Look for places to market your brand by doing some basic research. If you are an author, you must take into consideration what type of people will be interested in reading your book. What type of book did you write? Did you write a young adult book about romance? Did you write a nonfiction book about Health? Where would you go and try to market those types of books?
2. Use social media to build an online presence.
Why is Social media so important? It is a great avenue to reaching people all over the world. People you would never come into contact with. There are a lot of different sites that you can join. Facebook is probably the number one site. Mostly everyone knows about Facebook but didn’t know that they could set up their own business page or fan page. A fanpage is place where you can directly talk about your product or books, add photos about your business or cover art, and website links to where people can buy your product or books.
3. Build an effective website.
There are different places you can go and set up a website. Without a place to go to explore information about you and your business, it will be hard to reach new customers and therefore sell your product. Make your website engaging, appealing to the eye, and easily assessable.
4. Create a Blog and Blog regularly.
Blogging is more important than most people realize. Most companies blog to build rapport, establish their companies online presence, and educate people about their products. Share valuable content about your business and the services you provide; therefore building customers.
5. Give away something for free.
Give away something that others might be interested in. Or you can have a contest of some kind. It can be to simply give away a free copy of your book. There are so many great ideas to choose from. One author gave away a kindle for promoting their book website.
These are some basic tips that may be helpful to you no matter what your business is. Be active and post content daily on your sites. The more social sites you have the more opportunities you have to set up your brand and establish an online presence.