Pinterest has become a well known source for social media where customers can come and search out new products, or showcase their own works of art. Business should make use of this invaluable tool to attract clientele.
No matter what type of business you are in, there needs to be a certain set of standards of which you live by. A professional business with good ethics will service their customers and satisfy their needs, by following through with the best job performance possible. They will over-exceed their customers satisfaction by going over and beyond what is expected. Lets examine ways to prevent unethical practices in the workplace.
First, A business should not hire employees that have no personal morals or ethics. For example: If you are a nurse that works in a hospital setting, your morals should accompany your ethics. To simply do the least amount of work possible to get through your work day should be considered unethical, especially if it deals with another life.
Secondly, A business should not go against their own set of standards to please customers. Just like a person with no standards, a business will become degraded into a poor rated company that customers do not trust. For example: If you are a company that only sells top quality books and your name is: Top Quality Books, then why would you mislead your customer by selling sub-standard books.
Next, The business should have a customer service number where individuals can call and talk to someone about problems they are having. The employees working this service should handle complaints and answer questions in a professional way. The motto should be: the customer is always right. Keep in mind, we know that there might be some complaints that cannot be solved no matter what you do, but the majority of complaints can be solved in a timely fashion.
Last of all, find ways to solve issues before they become employee or customer complaints. Listen to your employees and ask for suggestions on how to improve the business. Don’t micromanage your employees, be willing to do the work you ask them to do. Don’t set up rules that you do not follow yourself.
Below are a set of guidelines that might prevent customer dissatisfaction.
- Define the job or service in great detail
- Clarify misunderstandings immediately
- Do more than what is expected
- Hire great employees with morals
- Get the job done in a timely fashion
- Show professionalism
- Perform the job or service the best way possible
- Sell a high quality product or service
Ethics is a term involves systematizing, defending and recommending concepts of right and wrong conduct. Business ethics is a form of professional ethics that involves the conduct of individuals that make up a business. A professional business should have a set of ethics and a code of which they live by. They should present themselves in the best way possible by following through with their promises. They should not compromise their standards to gain monetary gain.
Any business can market their product online by using some various strategies. Here are some basic tips to help any business market their brand online. Whether you are a large corporation or a small business, these 5 tips should help you gain some footing into the world of online marketing.
1. Know your target audience.
What type of customers are going to be interested in your product. Look for places to market your brand by doing some basic research. If you are an author, you must take into consideration what type of people will be interested in reading your book. What type of book did you write? Did you write a young adult book about romance? Did you write a nonfiction book about Health? Where would you go and try to market those types of books?
2. Use social media to build an online presence.
Why is Social media so important? It is a great avenue to reaching people all over the world. People you would never come into contact with. There are a lot of different sites that you can join. Facebook is probably the number one site. Mostly everyone knows about Facebook but didn’t know that they could set up their own business page or fan page. A fanpage is place where you can directly talk about your product or books, add photos about your business or cover art, and website links to where people can buy your product or books.
3. Build an effective website.
There are different places you can go and set up a website. Without a place to go to explore information about you and your business, it will be hard to reach new customers and therefore sell your product. Make your website engaging, appealing to the eye, and easily assessable.
4. Create a Blog and Blog regularly.
Blogging is more important than most people realize. Most companies blog to build rapport, establish their companies online presence, and educate people about their products. Share valuable content about your business and the services you provide; therefore building customers.
5. Give away something for free.
Give away something that others might be interested in. Or you can have a contest of some kind. It can be to simply give away a free copy of your book. There are so many great ideas to choose from. One author gave away a kindle for promoting their book website.
These are some basic tips that may be helpful to you no matter what your business is. Be active and post content daily on your sites. The more social sites you have the more opportunities you have to set up your brand and establish an online presence.
You have released your first book and wonder what you can do to promote it. Consider using different media sources to promote your new release. Whether it is TV, newspapers, Internet radio shows, newspapers, magazines, podcasts, video blogs, there are several venues to promote your work. To attract media outlets it might not be as simple as black and white. It might just take some extra effort on your part. Don’t forget there are several social media promotion sites to utilize. Don’t be afraid to ask for an interview.
1. First consider your niche market. What type of book did you write. What types of media might be interested in that niche. Whether it is a book about the economy or a Christian themed book, there are certain venues that might be willing to listen to what you have to offer.
2. Make your story unique. Find ways to get the media to listen to what you have to offer. TV programs or newspapers receive hundreds of press releases daily. Make yours stand out from the others. Give them something to report. They might be looking for a feature article. If you have written a medical type book, then that gives them something to talk about in their health section. Use your imagination and come up with something different that you can approach the reporters about.
3. Use online media to promote your book. This can be through articles, blogs or book reviews. Use Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, and other social media sites. Social media is growing drastically and it is becoming an invaluable way to market.
4. Be courteous but informative during your interview. Don’t tell them what they should do. No one likes to be bossed around. Be polite without trying to sell your book. Offer them reasons to host you on their program or on their media site.
5. Offer giveaways during media interviews. This will generate interest in your book but make sure you tell people where they can go to buy your book.
6. Advertise with local newspapers and magazines. Get the word out that you are a new author. Some media may contact you about an interview because you are a local author. Offer them reasons to have you on their show.
After the interview, make sure to thank your host for their time and for allowing you to be a part of their program. Don’t be afraid to ask them to review your book. Reviews are great ways for the readers to see what your book has to offer.
Were you born to write? Writers are usually very creative people who love to invent anything from new stories to artistic related projects. Being creative doesn’t necessarily mean you can draw or sculpt something. Creativity deals with inventing new ways to look at the world around us. Creative people use the right side of their brains more. This means that the right brain or right hemisphere is more dominant than the left side. The right side deals with expression and creative task.
Characteristics of People that have right brain dominance are:
- More expressive and share emotions
- Love reading fantasy
- Love listening to music
- enjoy creative storytelling
- considered dreamers
- like to act out stories, such as in plays
- Prefer to learn through free exploration
- Enjoy interacting affectively with others
- Like organizing things to show relation
- right side controls body
- Prefer visual instructions
- enjoys art and attending plays
- Enjoys writing fiction
- Gets Bored easily
- Thinks about more than one thing at a time
- Has difficulty staying on task
If you are eager, willing and have a strong desire to succeed, you will. First you must have passion that drives you that extra step toward your goal. Anyone can become successful and achieve what they want in life with desire and passion. Below are 5 Steps that will lead you into the right direction.
1. Determine your objective- Business is only one objective. Also, Family, children, happiness are some other objectives of which people pursue. Which one are you striving for?
2. Test your passion to succeed. If you are willing to throw in the towel at the first sign of trouble then your passion must not be where it needs to be. A strong passion will take you through the storms, difficulties in life, through the negativity and criticism of others telling you that you can’t. Get out of your comfort zone. Expect people to tell you no. Every single successful business has had someone telling them no. They didn’t give up with the first no and they are still moving forward.
3. Take steps toward your objective. Come up with different ways to help you achieve your goal. Do you want to own your own business? Think of something that you are good at. Yes money plays a role here. Find a way to start a business with the budget you have. If you want to start a big business, then think about your budget, if it doesn’t allow it, then you might want to start off slowly to help you achieve that bigger goal. Learn to handle your money wisely.
4. Give it your all. Don’t be afraid to achieve. Don’t be afraid of what others think of you. If your objective is to be happy. Focus on everything in life that makes you happy. If something drags you down and makes you depressed, then run from it. Don’t walk, but run. If your objective is to be successful in business, then do whatever it takes to meet your end goal. If someone tells you ‘No’, then move it and don’t worry about it. There will be lots of ‘No’s’ until you finally get a ‘Yes’
5. Be involved. Listen to advice from other successful entrepreneurs. Read articles, books about finance, business, and take notes. Attend business conferences and don’t forget to ask for advice.
There are a few things that will help you take the right step toward success. Whether you are a small business just getting started or a larger corporation, these basic steps will lead you to a successful business.
1. Research and Take rapid Action. What this means is that you should do some research about your product… Find out what sells, who the buyer is, what a good price for your product is and then take immediate action. Whatever you need to do to accomplish your end goal is what you need to do. Don’t wait for someone else to help you, don’t wait for the economy to get better, take swift action now.
2. Make a business plan. A business plan is a written decision-making document detailing information about your business, including goals, plans to reach those goals. Usually a budget is set up to help decipher how much money is spent for marketing, daily operating expenses, utilities, etc…
3. Personal branding is a must for the new entrepreneur. People need to know what your company or business is all about. Personal branding could be a logo design, trademark, a set of business guidelines, website or place where others come to learn about you.
4. Stay active. Seems pretty easy and self-explanatory but most often businesses give up before they become successful. They work hard for the first few months but give up due to lack of resources, time, energy and faith. We are Garrison Publishing are willing to help you stay focused.
5. Market and Advertise your business. Whatever product or service your business provides, you need to have a marketing plan in place. Look at your business plan and make sure that you are carrying out your business advertising goals. Analyze these marketing goals and make sure to follow them regularly.
6. Stay motivated. Nothing kills a business more than lack of determination. Don’t give up so easily. Every business will have stumbling blocks in the way. Your job is to find a way around those. Hang around positive people. Nothing hurts a business owner’s determination more than listening to negative people.
Other related links: http://ezinearticles.com/?5-Success-Secrets-In-68-Seconds&id=7490978