Pinterest has become a well known source for social media where customers can come and search out new products, or showcase their own works of art. Business should make use of this invaluable tool to attract clientele.
This post has some great tips on marketing including finding your niche market. Then points out ways to approach people about your book. Last of all, it gives you ways to offer your services to teachers.
Hello new authors! There are things you need to do before your book goes to print. I have made a few suggestions to get you on your way to becoming a successful author.
– Have a professional photographer take a portrait of you to use for events.
– Print marketing handouts such as business cards / book marks. Vistaprint is usually reasonably priced.
– Get to know and introduce yourself to potential readers. Readers are everywhere. Internet makes it easy to access people from around the world such as on Twitter, FB, Pinterest, Scoopit
– Join several book communities such as: Goodreads, BookTalk
– Visit forums in your genre and start a new topic.
– Start and write regularly blog posts. Write at least twice a week. Set up a free blog at WordPress.com
– Create your own author website. Go to Wix.com. Purchase a domane name.
– Send your blog articles to newspapers / magazines such as E-Zines, Squidoo. Set up profiles with them.
– Write guest blogs for other bloggers to get your name out. Exchange interviews on your blogs.
– Write your “elevator pitch” or things you would say to a stranger about your book.
– Start a contact list with email addresses of potential readers
– Create an email signature & use it for every email you send out
– Invite several friends to like your fanpage on Facebook. Spread the word.
– Submit photos of your book cover image to Pinterest, Flickr…
– Write a blog post about the upcoming launch
– Spruce up your website and blog for your book launch
– Ask your friends to “Like & “Listmania” your book on Amazon
– Comment on other blogs and write lots of guest blogs
– Donate your book to local libraries and offer to speak
– Gather writing friends for cross-promotions and blog tours
– Add press clippings and articles, already published, to your website
– Get a new business card with an image of your book and sales link
– Place the books’ cover image & description everywhere you can find. Author websites allow this for free.
– Announce your book launch or book signing on Google+ for FREE
– -Start your own newspaper online for free. Go to paper.li or enter: http://paper.li/
There are a few things that will help you take the right step toward success. Whether you are a small business just getting started or a larger corporation, these basic steps will lead you to a successful business.
1. Research and Take rapid Action. What this means is that you should do some research about your product… Find out what sells, who the buyer is, what a good price for your product is and then take immediate action. Whatever you need to do to accomplish your end goal is what you need to do. Don’t wait for someone else to help you, don’t wait for the economy to get better, take swift action now.
2. Make a business plan. A business plan is a written decision-making document detailing information about your business, including goals, plans to reach those goals. Usually a budget is set up to help decipher how much money is spent for marketing, daily operating expenses, utilities, etc…
3. Personal branding is a must for the new entrepreneur. People need to know what your company or business is all about. Personal branding could be a logo design, trademark, a set of business guidelines, website or place where others come to learn about you.
4. Stay active. Seems pretty easy and self-explanatory but most often businesses give up before they become successful. They work hard for the first few months but give up due to lack of resources, time, energy and faith. We are Garrison Publishing are willing to help you stay focused.
5. Market and Advertise your business. Whatever product or service your business provides, you need to have a marketing plan in place. Look at your business plan and make sure that you are carrying out your business advertising goals. Analyze these marketing goals and make sure to follow them regularly.
6. Stay motivated. Nothing kills a business more than lack of determination. Don’t give up so easily. Every business will have stumbling blocks in the way. Your job is to find a way around those. Hang around positive people. Nothing hurts a business owner’s determination more than listening to negative people.
Other related links: http://ezinearticles.com/?5-Success-Secrets-In-68-Seconds&id=7490978