Pinterest has become a well known source for social media where customers can come and search out new products, or showcase their own works of art. Business should make use of this invaluable tool to attract clientele.
Marketing comes in different forms. One new way to market yourself is by offering valuable content to the public, which helps your website rankings on Google. You can write articles and post them on article sites.
More and more people from all over the world is using the Internet to search for content in several different topics. A new author may search for ways to promote their book by using the Google search engine. Book readers may search the internet by using keywords such as: books, crime, mystery, romance books, etc…
As an author, you have knowledge to share with others. One way is by Blogging. This is something like writing on a website. There are two main blogging sites that are free to write on. http://Wordpress.com, http://Blogspot.com, and http://thoughts.com/free-blog
Start slowly by writing about things you know. You will be amazed at the topics you can come up with. Make sure you post something on a regular basis. You can post excerpts from your book, offer free tips to other authors, interview other authors about their books. Book readers love to read reviews on books before purchasing them. Your first post could be all about your book and include a picture, excerpt, and buy link.
Then make sure you share your blog on all of your social media sites. If you haven’t started posting on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Goodreads by now, you need to start right away.
So it is important to get your name out there by writing relevant and valuable content about topics such as:
•How to Write a Book
•All about Writing
Another important way to spread your articles or valuable content is by using Syndication sites. Here is a link that list many syndication sites to use. I know it takes time, but this will help you build a brand for yourself.
Below is a list of places that allow you to post articles for free. On the bottom of your article, don’t forget to mention your website or ways for people to reach you. I suggest choosing a couple and starting there.
The use of pen names is becoming outdated. Authors should recognize that by using a pen name they might not receive the recognition that they deserve. Who knows who Samuel Langhorne Clemens is? He is only one of the most famous authors in the world. He wrote The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and its sequel, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and The Prince and the Pauper. His pen name is Mark Twain. Yes, everyone recognizes Mark Twain but few recognize Samuel Langhorne Clemens.
Some use a pen name to keep their lives private. It would be hard to keep your life private if your name appears on every major newspaper, social media site or television station. Most major publishers are saying that the use of pen names is outdated, unless you are already using one. Famous people in different careers are using pseudonyms such as actors, celebrities and writers to keep their lives private, because their name is hard to pronounce or for marketing purposes. Perhaps they think that a pseudonyms can help establish their brand. So to answer the question about using a pen name, I’ll let you be the judge.
If you decide on using a pen name, my suggestions are:
1. Make the name unique
2. Don’t chose a name after one of your characters in case you write several books with major characters.
3. Don’t chose a name that would conflict with any genre that you may use later on. Ex. Your pen name is Suzie Que and you write a dark fiction novel. It doesn’t go well.
- Thomas Cruise Mapother IV:–Tom Cruise
- Norma Jeane Mortenson:—Marilyn Monroe
- Agatha Christie:– Mary Westmacott
- J.K. Rowling:— Robert Galbraith
- Stephen King:—Richard Bachman
- Theodor Seuss Geisel:–Dr. Seuss
- Esther Pauline Friedman:—Ann Landers
Related articles: http://blog.ezinearticles.com/2007/10/pen-name-vs-real-name.html
Any business can market their product online by using some various strategies. Here are some basic tips to help any business market their brand online. Whether you are a large corporation or a small business, these 5 tips should help you gain some footing into the world of online marketing.
1. Know your target audience.
What type of customers are going to be interested in your product. Look for places to market your brand by doing some basic research. If you are an author, you must take into consideration what type of people will be interested in reading your book. What type of book did you write? Did you write a young adult book about romance? Did you write a nonfiction book about Health? Where would you go and try to market those types of books?
2. Use social media to build an online presence.
Why is Social media so important? It is a great avenue to reaching people all over the world. People you would never come into contact with. There are a lot of different sites that you can join. Facebook is probably the number one site. Mostly everyone knows about Facebook but didn’t know that they could set up their own business page or fan page. A fanpage is place where you can directly talk about your product or books, add photos about your business or cover art, and website links to where people can buy your product or books.
3. Build an effective website.
There are different places you can go and set up a website. Without a place to go to explore information about you and your business, it will be hard to reach new customers and therefore sell your product. Make your website engaging, appealing to the eye, and easily assessable.
4. Create a Blog and Blog regularly.
Blogging is more important than most people realize. Most companies blog to build rapport, establish their companies online presence, and educate people about their products. Share valuable content about your business and the services you provide; therefore building customers.
5. Give away something for free.
Give away something that others might be interested in. Or you can have a contest of some kind. It can be to simply give away a free copy of your book. There are so many great ideas to choose from. One author gave away a kindle for promoting their book website.
These are some basic tips that may be helpful to you no matter what your business is. Be active and post content daily on your sites. The more social sites you have the more opportunities you have to set up your brand and establish an online presence.
You have released your first book and wonder what you can do to promote it. Consider using different media sources to promote your new release. Whether it is TV, newspapers, Internet radio shows, newspapers, magazines, podcasts, video blogs, there are several venues to promote your work. To attract media outlets it might not be as simple as black and white. It might just take some extra effort on your part. Don’t forget there are several social media promotion sites to utilize. Don’t be afraid to ask for an interview.
1. First consider your niche market. What type of book did you write. What types of media might be interested in that niche. Whether it is a book about the economy or a Christian themed book, there are certain venues that might be willing to listen to what you have to offer.
2. Make your story unique. Find ways to get the media to listen to what you have to offer. TV programs or newspapers receive hundreds of press releases daily. Make yours stand out from the others. Give them something to report. They might be looking for a feature article. If you have written a medical type book, then that gives them something to talk about in their health section. Use your imagination and come up with something different that you can approach the reporters about.
3. Use online media to promote your book. This can be through articles, blogs or book reviews. Use Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, and other social media sites. Social media is growing drastically and it is becoming an invaluable way to market.
4. Be courteous but informative during your interview. Don’t tell them what they should do. No one likes to be bossed around. Be polite without trying to sell your book. Offer them reasons to host you on their program or on their media site.
5. Offer giveaways during media interviews. This will generate interest in your book but make sure you tell people where they can go to buy your book.
6. Advertise with local newspapers and magazines. Get the word out that you are a new author. Some media may contact you about an interview because you are a local author. Offer them reasons to have you on their show.
After the interview, make sure to thank your host for their time and for allowing you to be a part of their program. Don’t be afraid to ask them to review your book. Reviews are great ways for the readers to see what your book has to offer.
If you are a new author than this post is for you. Most established authors know exactly why editing their manuscript is necesssary. I will try to cover some of the major reasons on this blog post.
First of all, we need to understand what exactly does editing mean. Editing is the process of selecting and preparing writtten, visual, audible and film media used to convey information through the processes of correction, condensation, organization, and other modifications performed with an intention of producing a correct, consistent, accurate, and complete work (Wikipedia: free encyclopedia).
Secondly, editing is important because you want your readers to come back and buy your books. If your book is hard to understand, your readers will become annoyed and irritated. If errors are distracting than they may simply put the book down because they can not get into the story-line. Some people don’t think that misplaced commas matter but let me tell you that they do.
Next, editing your work will cut out the clutter. You will notice that some things in your manuscript should be left out, due to redundancy and unclear expressions. They will often bore or confuse the reader.
Last of all, editing is important especially to the publisher. If you are searching for an agent or a publisher, you need to present your work as clean as possible. Most agents will put your work down if they cannot get through all the typos, incomplete sentences, comma splices, subject-verb disagreements. The list goes on and on.
Here at Garrison Publishing- we offer editorial services at a low fee. Come check out our packages. We have some of the lowest print packages available with marketing services available too.